Pre-Release Date: October 20th, 2017
Operating Systems: macOS & Windows
Available via Auto Updater: This pre-release will skip the auto-updater.
- SHA1: ffa5993697d48683ff7e35200c03cd62176fb984
- SHA1: 7afc40f6946882777fae0cb3a52ef3f2ded72167
What’s New in 2.1.0
Connect to Flywheel is now available!
- Login to Flywheel to connect your Preferred environment sites!
- Push sites from Local to Flywheel, and easily move that new cat blog straight into production.
- Pull sites from Flywheel to Local, and test that fancy new cat photo slider without breaking your live site.
- Did your live database change while you were making edits in Local? No problem! Easily exclude the database when pushing.
- Still have questions? Detailed help docs are coming soon (along with full release)!
- WordPress updates used to take multiple clicks. Now they take one. BOOM. Currently taking opinions on integrating retinal scan in the future.
- You can now select multiple Local sites simultaneously! Select multiple sites by holding Cmd on macOS and Ctrl on Windows. To select from one site to another in the list, hold Shift. After selecting multiple sites you can right-click on them to perform various actions including Start, Stop, Restart, and Delete.
- Added a VirtualBox updater that will recommend updates and if you’re below a minimum threshold the upgrade will be required. VMs will not be affected by upgrading.
- WP-CLI updater is back! WP-CLI will now be automatically updated on both Preferred and Custom sites. 1.4.0 will come soon!
- Environment name and version is now displayed on Site Info panel
- The default TLD is now
.devis a gTLD owned by Google and no longer recommended for new Local sites. With that said, any existing Local sites using
.devwill still work fine!
- You can now access Local sites using the
- Faster Docker Volumes on macOS now checks for
/etc/exportsconflicts to prevent issues from popping up if you previously used certain Vagrant configurations like Homestead and Valet
local-by-flywheel.logfile is now rotated to reduce the size. Old log data will be removed automatically.
- Live Link domain is now selectable so it can be copied
- Refactored underlying code for import and export system to allow it to be extensible in the future
- Local will now try to detect if the Local machine is already stopping when you first open Local. This should help prevent it from getting stuck on “Checking System…”
- WordPress admin e-mail is now validated in Preferences » New Site Defaults
mydumperfails, it will no longer wipe out
- Live Links now work with sites that have
- Domain change flow now works better with multisite
- Updated bundled VirtualBox to v5.1.30
- Updated Electron to 1.7.9
- Updated React to v16.0.0