Release Date: January 25th, 2018
Operating Systems: macOS & Windows
Available via Auto Updater: January 25th, 2018
- SHA1: 5727be30bf2e42ab1260a35cb57169ca8044183c
- SHA1: be6ef598bf727e73dface69085efde34cb438642
What’s New in 2.2.3
- Windows: Local by Flywheel Setup and Local by Flywheel are now code signed
- IPv6 Loopback is now disabled by default.
- Added toggle to IPv6 Loopback under Preferences » Advanced
What’s New in 2.2.2
- Windows: Updated Electron to v1.7.11 to address CVE-2018-1000006
- Windows: Faster Docker Volumes is now disabled by default and marked as “Experimental”
- Connect to Flywheel: Added ability to pull from unlinked Local site
- Connect to Flywheel: Added new tab to “Pull” page to pull Flywheel sites into existing Local sites
- Added ability to disable IPv6 loopback with a JSON file.
- Updated Electron to v1.7.11
- Updated VirtualBox to v5.2.4
- Updated WP-CLI to 1.4.1
- Updated Adminer to 4.4.0
What’s New in 2.2.1 (Pre-release)
- Fixed 500 error with Apache on imported sites or sites that were created with Blueprints.
- Fixed issue with multisite
.htaccessconfiguration being used improperly on imports and Blueprints that weren’t multisite
- Fixed a handful of minor aesthetic bugs
- Fixed various bugs with the WordPress download routine
- Fixed issue where /c/ folder would be created on Windows with Faster Docker Volumes v2.0
- Added one-click “Restore” button for sites that do not have a container. Please note, there must be SQL files present in the folder’s
app/sqlfolder for Local to be able to restore the site.
- Added new About window for both macOS and Windows. You can now manually check for updates.
- Connect to Flywheel: The backup step prior to processing the site on push is now handled automatically by the Flywheel platform.
- The import routine can now handle zipped up Local site directories in case you didn’t go through the full Export flow in Local
- Import routine can now handle archives with multiple zip files in case each table has its own
myloaderin the import routine fails for any reason, it will fallback to MySQL’s built-in importer
- Pushing to an already connected Flywheel site from an unconnected Local site will now prompt you to confirm that you would like to disconnect the existing Local site prior to pushing
- Added process manager for FDVv2. If the NFS daemon stops running for any reason, it’ll automatically restart
What’s New in 2.2.0 (Pre-release)
Faster Docker Volumes Version 2 (Experimental)
After many months of development, Faster Docker Volumes Version 2 is now available for testing!
FDVv2 removes the need for the native NFS server in macOS and SMB on Windows. Here are the main benefits of FDVv2:
- macOS: Fixes auto-updater bug with WordPress
macOS: Eliminates the possibility of NFS conflicts in the
- Windows: FDV is now enabled by default on Windows
- Windows: No longer requires an additional Windows user for the SMB share
- No longer requires admin priveledges
- When Local is closed, the servers that power FDVv2 are automatically shut down
- PHP 7.2.0 is now available for the Custom environment!
- Closing out of Local will now prompt you with a confirmation dialog. Answering “Yes” will close Local and shut down Local’s virtual machine.
- MySQL 5.6 is now automatically selected when importing a “Preferred” site into the “Custom” environment
- Local now adds IPv6 entries to the
hostsfile to avoid IPv6 DNS delays
- Fixed an issue where
node_moduleswould be pushed to Flywheel if there were hidden files in those directories