Quick update, after reviewing Bryan’s log file, the
local-by-flywheel VM’s disk was at capacity. The telling line in the log file was
May 22, 2018, 5:07 PM MDT - info: [worker: mysql-worker] /etc/init.d/mysql: ERROR: The partition with /var/lib/mysql is too full! ...
The VM disk max in older versions (early 2017) of Local was 20GB. Recent versions of Local have a default VM disk size max of 120GB.
If you’re running into this problem, following either of the options below will bump the VM disk size from 20GB to 120GB. Bryan was able to resolve this issue by following Option B below:
See Unable to connect to database on any site previously working working without issue
- Export all of your Local sites by starting them in Local and then right-clicking on them and going to “Export”
- Verify that there is an exported archive for all of the sites
- Quit Local
- Open VirtualBox
- Right-click on
- Go to Close » Power Off
- Right-click again and go to Remove and then delete all files
- Re-open Local and go through the installation process
- Click into the sites in Local and click on the “Restore” button when prompted
- Test adding a new site